The RESTful API components introduced in Drupal 8 allow us to completely decouple Drupal from the front end and use it as purely an API layer. This allows us to use Drupal in many different ways than just a browser focused CMS. This session will be 50% presentation and 50% practical demonstration.
The presentation will touch on the following topics:
- The what and why of REST?
- The status of RESTful services in Drupal 8
- Extending Drupal RESTful services
- Performance considerations
The demonstration will focus on the following:
- Getting data out of Drupal
- Getting data into Drupal
- Myplanet internal app demonstration